Annapurna Ghorepani Poon hill trekking is also known as the small Annapurna Circuit trekking, Poon hill trekking and only as the name of Ghorepani trekking. It is one of the most accessible sunrise point in the Himalayas. Also this trekking trail is very popular short trekking and acquire not to dangers among trekkers visiting Nepal. The bravura mountain scenery and the beautiful ethnic villages and unique culture validate the popularity of Ghorepani trekking.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP:
Excellent views of Dhawalagiri , Nilgiri, Annapurna South, Mahhapurche- Sun rise at Poon hill -Explore Gurung culture in Ghaundrung- Visit Annapurna conservation office
Day 01/ Drive to Naya Pul (New bridge), and trek to Tikhe Dhunga(1495m/4905ft) and camp at ulleri.
After an hour drive to Naya Pul we then commence our trek to Birethanti, a large and prosperous town beside the Modi River. We head up the main trail to Sudami where we climb gradually up the side of the valley, reaching Hile (1495m) before pushing on to Tirkhe Dhunga. From here the trail crosses a stream and then ascends a steep stone staircase to the large Magar village at Ulleri (2070m).
Day 02/ Trek to Ghorepani (2850m/9350ft).
This is a pleasant walking day today. We trek through rhododendron and oak forests and across streams before making a short, final climb to Nangethanti. From Nangethanti we head up to Ghorepani (2850m).
Day 03/ Ghorepani to Poon Hill to Tadapani (2520m/8268ft).
An early start and an hour hiking to Poon Hill (3195m) leads us to a brilliant spectacle, this vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. After spending about 40 minutes on the hillside, we come back to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast, and start walking to Tadapani. From Ghorepani the trail climbs along ridges and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali (2960m). We descend to reach Banthanti, before winding our way to Tadapani (2540m). 6 hours.
Day 04/ Tadapani to Ghaundruk (1950m/6398ft).
Our descent brings us to the village of Ghaundruk around noon. We will overnight here so have the afternoon to visit the Annapurna conservation office and museum. As well as take time to explore the village.
Day 05/ Ghaundruk to Pokhara
4 to 5 hours of walking will lead us to Birethanthi. From Birethathi an hour drive to pokhara.
• Rucksack bag
• Down Jacket (Your own Down Jacket is recommended)
• 4 seasons Sleeping bag
• 1 pair liner gloves thin wool or synthetic, useful alone on mild days or as a layer inside other gloves
• 1 pair warm gloves (heavier fleece or wool ).
Lower Body – Legs
• 2-3 pairs nylon hiking shorts - Quick drying type, not cotton!
• Underwear, stay away from cotton
• 2 pair lightweight long underwear –
• 2 pair trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
• 1 pair hard shell pants. Waterproof / breathable, Gore-Tex or equivalent is best. Should zip from the top and bottom - this makes it easier to put on over boots without getting undressed should the weather change once you are underway for the day
• 1 pair cotton pants (loose jeans)•
All clothing should be kept dry using waterproof stuff sacks or large puncture resistant plastic bags
• 4 pair of socks,
• 3 pair heavy weight socks to be worn over liner socks
• 1 pair light weight socks, a good option for the lower / warmer parts of the trail
• 1 pair light to medium weight water proof hiking/trekking boots. Ensure a good fit with layered socks and you have wore then before to get used to it (otherwise you will get lots of blister)
• 1 pair light trekking shoes or sneakers•
1 pair hiking gaiters, good for keeping dust and rocks out of your shoes / boots as well as keep your feet dry as necessary (Optional)
• 1 pair sandals (Optional)
Our team is 24/7 at your service to help you with your booking issues or answer any related questions
+61 2 8056 9315